Sunday 13 February 2011



Here's a simple game I developed over the Christmas holiday. I tried to emulate the style of an Atari 2600 game.
Anyway, It's called Squares, and like the Atari 2600 all the graphics are made out of squares. It's a very fast paced game of skill. Simply move your green square along the path, joining the square dots as you go. When the joined path forms a square, a yellow square is formed in the middle. Do this until the screen is full of these yellow squares, picking up bonus squares, invincibility squares, extra life squares, etc., but watch out for the nasty squares that move around randomly. Squares squares squares squares squares squares squares!!!
Oh my god, I can't explain the rules, it's best if you just download the game and try it.

It runs on the Mac, enjoy....HERE

Screenshots....


This is the first screen. The green square is the player. The red square is a baddy. The yellow square has been formed because the dots have been joined around the perimeter of that square of the grid. The cyan square can be collected by joining the dots around the perimeter of it - that particular square gives a random score boost.

This screen I managed to collect an invincibility square - hence the blue screen. That's the only reason how I managed to take the snap-shot. It was manic and I died shortly after this level.


No comments:

Post a Comment